EDGE 4-year, 50,000 Mile Warranty
Our 4-year, 50,000 Mile Warranty on repairs* is a groundbreaking advantage for customers that use independent repair shops. The EDGE warranty exceeds those of other independent shops as well as the repair warranties that BMW and MINI offer.
* Applies to most repairs using OEM components and some repairs using aftermarket components. Please consult with your service advisor.
Why did we do this?
Since opening in Mountain View (now in Fremont, CA) EDGE offered the standard 2-year 25K mile warranty on parts and service.
When we followed up with customers to see how their cars were performing, over time we realized that we were doing something right. Our upgraded components, commitment to the best possible repair, and years of experience resulted in repairs that kept cars on the road far past the standard warranty.
It was clear! Double the industry-standard warranty period to 4-years or 50,000 miles.
EDGE will always stand behind our work and consistently go the extra mile to satisfy our customers.
How can we offer a 4-year, 50,000 Mile warranty when nobody else does?
Our rubber-meets-the-road experience, commitment to better-than-OEM parts, and superior repairs allow us to offer a 4-year, 50,000 Mile warranty that no one else can.
EDGE’s mission is to add durability and increased performance without additional cost. We’ve found that these core values are better for our customers, create goodwill, and ultimately save everyone time.
Because we’ve repaired, built, and raced BMWs, MINIs, Porsches, and many other makes for years, we know their inherent weaknesses and the best modifications for any conditions. Out of this experience comes our intuition and know-how. This directs our choice for the best parts often not meant for a particular application but much better than the original factory-specified components.
What this means for you
- Original Equipment (OEM) or OEM-quality parts. If there is a better-than-factory aftermarket part available for your car we will use it before OEM. We know which parts are better because we’ve tested them on our own cars.
- Better brake fluid. EDGE only uses high-temperature fluid because it extends time between changes. We also check the moisture content in your brake fluid every time your car comes into the shop whether we’re servicing the brakes or not.
- Aftermarket reinforcement plates. When servicing rear shock mounts* on E30, E36, and E46 BMWs (1982-2006 3 Series), we upgrade them with aftermarket reinforcement plates—a far stronger alternative to the typical part. The upgraded components come at no additional cost.* This is not uncommon in older BMWs.
- Higher quality bushing replacement. As the newer BMW E9X 3 Series (2006-2013) ages, bushing replacement becomes a more common requirement. To extend service life and increase performance, we only use bushings from the E9X M3 (2008-2013).
- Updated and durable coils. The ignition coils on E9X 3 Series BMWs (2006 to 2013) have been an issue since its introduction. To ensure a longer and more reliable service life, we use only the most updated and durable coils from BMW. Sounds like a no-brainer, but older, inferior versions are still available at lower prices and we frequently find these installed as replacements in some cars.
- Updated bushings with limiting shims. The rear trailing arm bushing (RTAB) on the E36 and E46 (1992-2006 BMW) is one of their few weak points. To increase longevity, we use updated BMW M-Car bushings that include limiting shims. The combination of more durable material and shims almost makes them a lifetime bushing. The better bushing also keeps your alignment more consistent. This can increase your tire life.
- Robust front control arm bushings. On older MINI Coopers and all E46 3 Series non-M3s (2000-2006), the front control arm bushings (FCAB or LCAB) often need replacing. To extend their life, we use a more robust bushing found on newer MINI Coopers. Yes, the MINI bushings work better than the BMW factory part on the E46 3 Series.
- Reinforced chassis repairs. With all chassis repairs on the E30, E36, and E46 BMW 3 Series (1982-2006), we weld on reinforcements in addition to the typical standard repair specified by BMW.
- Upgraded transmission mounts. For most repairs* on BMWs that require transmission mounts, we use upgraded OEM mounts. These are a harder durometer than the stock rubber and last much longer than the OEM-specified transmission mounts.* The upgraded transmission mounts do not fit every BMW
With our free under-car inspection, your car’s condition will be thoroughly inspected and assessed with no obligation. Our technicians often find issues and potential problems. In the end, we give you a printed or emailed report so you know exactly what your car needs and when the work should be done.
Do you think your car has an issue but aren’t sure? Schedule an appointment for our free under-car, no-obligation inspection.
Aftermarket Car Warranties
Typical aftermarket warranty companies are notorious for doing as little as possible. Over years of working with warranty adjusters, we have created solid and trusting relationships that make it possible to get the required repair(s) so you get the most value from your warranty.
If you have an aftermarket warranty, we can help you maximize it. Schedule a consultation or repair.
EDGE partners with high-quality body shops that work with us to restore your car to its original condition. In partnership with these trusted relationships, we work with your insurance company to get all necessary labor approved, including often-overlooked repairs.
If you have questions about what body shops to go to, or how we can work with your chosen body shop, please contact us. We’ll help you get the most value out of your insurance claim and make sure all of the required repairs are done to OEM standards.